Friday, January 29, 2016

Coin Star Finds!

Hey Guys!

            Yesterday I mentioned the glorious wonders of the Coinstar machine. And I did not show you all of the really cool coins I found! The first five here I collected this past Saturday, and the sixth one showed its face the day after that. Six coins in only two days of searching! I even listed what information I found out about each coin underneath its picture!  

             
              This first coin is Greek in origin and worth one Euro cent. While I found this a day before the others on a random counter-top, it was to cool with the sailboat design to not include! Check this link for more information: http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces113.html



             Now on to the Coinstar coins! Here is another one Euro cent in better condition from Italy. I love castles including the one depicted here on the obverse (front of the coin). Check the link for more: http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces129.html



             Italy is popular today! Here is a 10 euro cent with Venus, the goddess of love and beauty, depicted on the front. The condition is good and still retains some of the original luster of the coin. Check here for more: http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces132.html


          Now these are two separate coins from china that happen to be from the exact same year. The only problem is that after close to an hour of research, I discovered that these items made actually be  charms or tokens used in the practice of feng shui. I don't honestly know if this is the case and would love your input on the subject if you have any idea what these items are. The closest thing I could find was this token which looks slightly different: http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces38897.html



             Here is a coin from Mexico that I found the day after I found the haul of Euro cents and Chinese coins. The luster remaining on this coin is incredible and it really shines in the light, so much so that I had to cover my light source a bit to dim the shine! Check this coin out here: http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces18097.html 

             I have an evening shift today at work which is why this post was published so early, ugh evening shifts are so tiring, and I will not be able to post Saturday or Sunday due to my schedule. I will keep an eye open for any coins at the Coinstar and cannot wait to read your comments, especially about those two Chinese tokens!

             Talk to you guys later! 

- Sean


No comments:

Post a Comment