Friday, January 29, 2016

The most AWESOME site ever!

Hey Guys!

Thought I would sneak one quick post before my weekend hiatus, especially since its ties heavily to my last post. You see during my research to find what countries the coins in the last post were from, I attempted to match their appearances to pictures on google images. While my first efforts bore one or two pieces of fruit, it still took close to an hour to identify two coins! However, during this escapade I found a much faster way! 

          I stumbled across this website known as Numista.com and found a gigantic photo and text based library displaying over 70,000 different kinds of coins! Not only that but with the creation of a free account, which took five minutes and my email address, I found that I could check-mark any coins that matched the ones I had discovered and the site would automatically save it to a checklist to keep track of my coin inventory! This is PERFECT for me because I love to keep my collections organized and inventoried, and Numista.com allows me to organize and find accurate information about any coin I have with the click of a single button from the checklist! This is great way to monitor any world coin collection and it only takes a minute to add to coins to the online inventory! From their you can exchange the coin with other Numista members or see how many world coins you can acquire! 


I would say if nothing else just give the site a quick once over by clicking this link: http://en.numista.com/, though you have already seen it if you checked out any of the links in my previous postIf you have any additional questions please let me know in the comments or contact the wonderful folks at Numista.com through their “Contact Us” page on the website.

Good luck collecting over the weekend and see you guys Monday!


- Sean 

No comments:

Post a Comment