Monday, February 1, 2016

A Canadian Catch!

Hey Guys,

           It has been a busy weekend for me since I last posted! In addition to having terrible weather and a snowstorm over the course of the past 2 and a half days, I found a number of coins and one or two great finds! Here is a quick recap of how this stuff happened.

            On Friday I walking around that park where I found that quarter that inspired me to write this blog, and I am just going to call it Inspiration Park from now on! I found a handful of modern U.S. coins with nothing spectacular among them, although I did find a 2009 D cent with a special reverse celebrating the bicentennial of Lincoln's birth and a 1978 D Roosevelt dime in great condition.

All of the finds from the park and lying around at my job site

The 2009 D cent and the 1978 D dime

            On Saturday I found a bunch more U.S. coins at my job but all of them were messed up something fierce (top left in the first picture). But then a ray of sunshine struck on Sunday when I found this beauty in the picture below while I was working.

Front of Canadian cent

Back of Canadian cent
           This is a 1957 Canadian cent in relatively nice condition, excluding one black spot on the obverse. I personally love the design of the older Canadian cents like this one because the maple leaves on the reverse hold up well to the test of time! 

           I have to go to work in a hour and must prepare accordingly, but I have an awesome post planned for tomorrow! I will see you all then and happy collecting!

- Sean

P.S. I am working to improve my photography skills and would love and suggestions you guys have. Please leave a comment with your advice!



        

No comments:

Post a Comment