Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Coolific Coins!

Hey Guys!

        I am ecstatic to say that my luck of finding cool coins is back!! Two days ago I found three awesome coins and the trend keeps on going!

        Yesterday I found these four coins...

All of the coolific coins I found (and yes I just made up a word)!

       The nickel is a 1970 S, which is awesome because I do not have it and 1970 is the last year that the San Francisco Mint produced coins for circulation! Starting in 1971 the only coins it minted were special proofs and collector sets (fun and useful fact for you Jefferson nickel collectors out there!). The Canadian cent in the top row is from 1993 and the one on the bottom is from 1965. The wheat cent is a 1951 D in okay condition though I already own one in better condition.


      All in all a great haul for a single day! I am definitely checking that jar of pennies that my store has for the mechanical pony again (since I found two Canadian cents there!). Since tomorrow is a day off for me I will be writing a special post explaining the techniques I use to find and recover coins that may have interest to me. It actually a very simple system!

Stay tuned and Happy Collecting all!

- Sean

      

No comments:

Post a Comment