Thursday, February 4, 2016

Plastic Mockeries and a Red Mystery

Hey Guys!

       Enjoying my first day off since last Friday! I also thought I would include some basic updates! So first off the Coinstar machine let me down. I only found a couple U.S. modern coins that were really messed up, and this little jerk.

The front of plastic cent

The back of the plastic cent
       This is one of those plastic cents that come from a game like Monopoly. I have seen several at my job site and they never cease to annoy me. There is this mechanical pony in the store that I work at that children can ride for a cent. Sadly there is always someone with the bright idea to try and force one of these things down its gullet, and then the pony becomes "sick" for a couple of days.
     
       I also found this nickel that has red tarnishing or the equivalent covering parts of the obverse.

Nickel with Red Varnish
       Does anyone know what this red stuff is and how it gets on the nickel? I personally think the effect is really cool but I have not been able to uncover the cause. I am going to go and research this some more and see if I can dig something up.

Have a great day everyone and happy collecting!

- Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment