Thursday, February 18, 2016

Stubborn Staples Silenced! (Great Alliteration am I Right?)

Hey Guys!

        I was just barely encasing the Chuck E. Cheese Token I found earlier in a holder when I thought about how many coins/tokens are destroyed due to improper storage methods. This unfortunate trend holds especially true with the inexpensive cardboard holders that I use, like the one pictured below.

The token sitting in what will soon become its new home.
 
        What happens is that many people, including yours truly, use staples to secure the four sides of the holder and prevent the coin or token from escaping. The only problem with this is standard staplers like mine don't completely flatten the staples on the back of the holder....

This is what bad staples look like! Thankfully there is an easy solution!

        See what I mean? Not only does it look bad but these staples could scratch up and destroy any coins stored next to this one in a container! However there is a quick and simple answer to this problem from our old pals the needle nosed pliers!

Pliers. Fixing unruly staples since their creation!

       Just take the pliers and push the staples down so that they are flat against the cardboard like in the picture below.

SUCCESS!
        Now I can store this token with the objects in my collection without fearing that it would destroy them! And now you can too!

Have a great day and Happy Collecting!

- Sean Bolon

No comments:

Post a Comment