Monday, February 29, 2016

Monday Marvels and a Moronic Mistake!

Hey Guys!

        Happy Monday! Things have been crazy fro me with my work schedule and the website that I am building right now to talk about my interests! Thankfully among the insanity there were some exceptional coin finds this weekend! On Saturday I had a customer giving me change and ask what this coin was...

A 1997 Mexican Peso in alright condition!
        Naturally I told her it was a Mexican Peso and once she learned I was a coin collector she traded it to me for a nickel! Apparently this coin is worth approximately $0.55 right now, but since this was the only foreign coin she had I don't think a trip to a currency exchange location would have been useful.

         Sunday was a very busy day at the grocery store and full of unique coin finds! First off was this 1954 D nickel!

A 1954 D nickel with a LOT of nickel oxide on it!
         While there is a lot of nickel oxide present it is unusual to find a nickel from the 50's in modern circulated change, so for five cents this was a good pick up! Next I found these two Canadian cents from 1977 and 1986 from the same cent roll that I had opened near the end of my shift!

1977 Canadian Cent

1986 Canadian Cent
       And as I was leaving for home I saw this shiny cent stuck behind the tray of the CoinStar machine. Turns out it was a 2009 D cent with lots of luster left and a Lincoln bicentennial reverse!

The coin I found Sunday is on the left and the older coin I had is on the right

Just look and the difference in luster (and the lack of gunk on the new coin)!
        So many awesome finds in just two days! The only downside of these new coins was putting them in holders in preparation for this post. I was thinking about something else and nailed my finger with the stapler!

Don't try this at home kids!
      Nothing terrible put still an experience I would not recommend others repeat!

Talk to you all tomorrow and Happy Collecting!

- Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment