Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Nickel Rolling!

Hey Guys!

       I was able to pick up ten bucks from the bank in nickel rolls yesterday and went through them to look for some cool finds! Sadly no buffalo nickels but I did find three nickels from the early years of the Jefferson mintage. Which were:

This 1939 D nickel, I had the 1939 already but not this one
         A really cool find considering Jefferson nickels began production halfway through 1938, so a really early find!

Found another 1947 piece, but I already have one in better condition
Both of these coins from the 50's were great since I did not have either of them!
Only a few coins from the 60's, including several 1969 S nickels.
The coins from the 70's were few and far between this time around

Even the coins from the 80's were fewer in number. Only 25 nickels!

A big jump in number when I hit the 90's. 59 coins this time.

Lots of coins from the 2000's here. I even found several shining examples of the "peace medal" and "westward journey" reverses!
         
And to wrap it up a fair number of nickels from 2010-2016. I picked out several examples that still had lots of luster!
In total, out of the 200 nickels:
  • 156 were minted in 1990 or later years
  • 44 were minted in 1989 or before
        Overall I feel that there was a much higher concentration of recent nickels compared to the last nickel  roll hunt I posted. I hope to get some more in the future, and will will post the results when I do. Hopefully I can find another buffalo nickel!!!

Have a great day and happy collecting!

- Sean

P.S. If you guys have any suggestions on coin hunting activities you would like to see me blog about, let me know with a comment or something and I will work to include it in a future post!

No comments:

Post a Comment